Traveling to Italy?
Italians can be very fashion-conscious, so there are a few things you should know about dressing in Italy. There is no formal dress code, but fashion is important in Italian culture, and Italians typically pay close attention to another person’s clothes. Make sure everything you wear fits well, and has clean lines. Italians love a classy look that emphasizes a person’s good points.
Here are a 10 tips on how to dress for Italian Fashion:
- Capri pants are a good choice for women; Italians typically only wear shorts at resorts.
- Men rarely wear very short shorts outside of vacation, they also could carry a messenger bag if needed.
- If you’re wearing a suit, put on a tie with it.
- Skip the track suit or sweat pants. It’s going to look too informal for Italy.
- Pack business casual clothing for your vacation, something you’d be willing to wear to work.
- Avoid baggy clothes. Italians are partial to clothing that is nicely fitted. So, skip the slouchy shirt or baggy jeans. (Italians do wear jeans though, but they would pair them with a dressy top.)
- Carry a great handbag.
- Accessorize the look.
- One item you can’t go wrong with in Italy is a beautiful blouse!
- Bring elegant and comfortable shoes.
Remember that Italians value clothing with elegant fabrics and clean lines, so avoid the messy patterns.